Welcome to AdviAlly
Effective date: April 7, 2020
Your privacy is also our concern!
What Information Do We Collect About Our Customers?
Traffic DataAdviAlly may collect a variety of visitor data such as IP addresses, browser settings, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and clickstream data (collectively "Visitor Data"). The AdviAlly internal servers and software automatically recognize Visitor Data. The Site may use Visitor Data to compile traffic data about the types of visitors who use the Site at specific intervals (collectively "Traffic Data"). We may use Traffic Data to analyze Site traffic, but this information is not examined for Personally Identifiable Information. We may also use Traffic Data to diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, or display content according to your preferences. Visitor Data and Traffic Data may also be shared with business partners, affiliates, or advertisers on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
Web BeaconsWe employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons), that help us track referrals from our partners and affiliates and better manage content on our site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personally Identifiable Information.
Personal InformationAdviAlly requires each customer to provide us with personal information (collectively "Personally Identifiable Information") to access and use AdviAlly products and services. Personally Identifiable Information is captured when a visitor accesses Online Services, or speaks on the phone with a AdviAlly employee, and willingly discloses that information. This disclosure may occur when a visitor registers with an Online Service, engages in transactions, contacts customer service, or participates in contests, promotions, surveys, forums, content submissions, requests for suggestions, or other aspects of services offered by Us. AdviAlly uses this information for the sole purpose of administering its services for our customers, and does not use such information for any other reason.
Personally Identifiable Information includes but is not limited to:
- "Contact Data" (such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address);
- "Financial Data" (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code or bank account information);
- "Demographic Data" (such as your zip code and sex);
- other "Legal Data" (such as your social security number, mortgage information, and other sensitive information necessary to use our service.
Testimonials and ReviewsWe display personal testimonials of satisfied customers received through email surveys. We ask for your specific consent as part of the survey. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected]. If you provide a review that we display and wish to update or delete it, you can also contact us at [email protected].
Calls/Electronic CommunicationsIn the regular course of our business, AdviAlly may monitor and record phone conversations or email communications between you and AdviAlly employees for training and quality assurance purposes. We may receive a confirmation when you open or click on content in an email from us, which helps us make our communications to you more useful and interesting. If you do not wish to receive email from AdviAlly, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the "Unsubscribe" link on any of the emails we send.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect and Do We Share the Information We Receive?
We use information we collect from the Online Services to communicate with you, process your orders, facilitate your transactions with our third-party marketing partners, and inform you of offers and discounts. For example, you may receive a welcome email that confirms your username and password, and later receive communications responding to your inquiries, providing services you request, and managing your account. We occasionally send service-related announcements, for example, to alert you if we need to temporarily suspend the Site for maintenance.
Opting OutAdviAlly send promotional emails and newsletters from time to time to users who have registered on the site and to those who have opted in to receive such emails. Generally, you may not opt-out of service-related or transactional communications, which are not promotional. If you do not wish to receive service-related communications, you may terminate your account by contacting Customer Service at [email protected]. However, you can opt-out of promotional communications by using the "Unsubscribe" link and following the unsubscribe instructions in any electronic communication or by emailing us at [email protected].
Surveys, Sweepstakes, and ContestsWe may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site, to measure customer satisfaction. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes, or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes name, email address, and mailing address.
We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor site traffic or personalize the site, and/or to send participants an email newsletter.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personal information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We share customer information with third parties only as follows:
- Order Processing
- AdviAlly, sometimes with the assistance of a third party may use your Personally Identifiable Information to process your payment through merchant account services, and to generate the services you order. Your Contact Data may be used to follow up with you on transactions you initiate through Online Services, respond to inquiries made through Online Services, inform you of changes to Online Services, and send you additional information about AdviAlly and its products and services.
- Third Party Marketing
- Unless specifically authorized by you, we do not provide Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you express interest in a third party offer or purchase a package that includes a third party offer, we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to that third party solely in connection with the offer you have selected.
- Required by Law
- We may also disclose your personal information: as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, a lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legal request.
- Visitor Demographics
- Contact Data and Traffic Data are used to gather general statistics about our customers and visitors. We may use Demographic Data to generate collective information about our users, but not in a way that identifies any user specifically. For example, we may inform third parties about the number of registered users and unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed.
- Service Providers
- We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer or email service provider), help us market our products and services, or for training purposes. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
- Partner and Affiliate Tracking
- Blog and Forums
- The Site includes a publicly accessible blog and interactive forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You should use caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information in these areas of the site. To request removal of your personal information from our community forums, contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Other Transfers
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with AdviAlly. If AdviAlly is merged, acquired, or sold, or if some or all of our assets or equity are transferred, we may disclose or transfer Personally Identifiable Information and other data in connection with the associated transactions.
Accessing and Changing Your Account
Upon request AdviAlly will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service. Please review the information below to access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information.
User Access to and Ability to Update Personally Identifiable InformationYou may visit your personal account profile at any time by clicking on the "My Profile" link. Through My Profile, you may:
- Review and update your Contact Data
- Review and update your User Access Data
- Review and update your Account Subscription
Data RetentionAt minimum, we will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. AdviAlly may maintain some or all of this data in its archives even after it has been removed from the Site.
How Secure Is the Personal Information We Collect?
Our Commitment to Data SecurityWe strive to make certain that our servers and connections incorporate the latest encryption and security devices. We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Credit card and personal information are transmitted by secure servers (SSL). Documents are delivered to you via UPS or similar overnight delivery services, the United States Postal Service, or email. Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to or from the Site, Applications, or through the use of our services, and you provide this information at your own risk.
ACCORDINGLY, WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR THE THEFT, LOSS, OR INTERCEPTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, YOUR DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND OUR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME THESE RISKS.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information to give consumers access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold any personal information.
Sharing Personal InformationWe disclose personal information for business purposes. From businesses that disclose personal information for a business purpose, you have the right to request:
- The categories of personal information that we collected about you; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Business PurposesWe may use personal information that we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill the reason the information was provided: for example, to provide the product or service requested
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our business
- To develop, maintain the quality or safety of, improve, upgrade, or enhance our products and services
- To perform market research
- To advertise and market our products and services and to determine the effectiveness of such advertising and marketing
- To administer our websites
- A required or necessary response to law enforcement requests or to comply with applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- To identify and repair errors that impair existing intended website functionality
- To perform services on behalf of, or for, clients or service providers, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of clients or service providers
- To undertake internal research for technological research, development, analysis, or demonstration
If you are a California resident and would like to submit a request, you will be able to do so starting January 1st, 2020. We will do our best to fulfill your request, subject to the exemptions described above. To obtain this information, please send an email to [email protected] with "BudgetPolitan California Privacy Request" in the subject line and in the body of your message. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you would like to use an agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
Non-DiscriminationWe will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Last Rev. March 21, 2023